Type of resource:
People with hearing impairments, differentiated by their employment status (inactive/ unemployed/ employed), and associations of people with hearing impairments
In 2018, the Union of the Deaf in Bulgaria, the University of Social Sciences in Poland, the Polish Association of the Deaf Lodz Department, the Public Institution Valakupiai Rehabilitation Centre (VRC) in Lithuania, the National and Speech Institute of Iceland and the University of Iceland, created a platform that works as an online learning environment for a practice-oriented learning course. The platform aims at providing integrated support tailored to the needs and specificities of people with hearing impairments, through the development of innovative training tools and materials, so as to increase their motivation and self-awareness, and create incentives for their acquiring of new soft skills necessary for efficient job search and employment performance.
Bulgaria, Poland, Lithuania, Iceland
Level of education:
Digital tools involved:
Documents and videos with sign language translation
- Social skills
Level of implementation:
Pillars of importance:
- Successful contribution to the implementation of UNCRPD: The platform provides support tailored to the needs and specificities of persons with hearing impairments.
- Innovation: The training content and proHear curriculum for hearing impaired persons are innovative in a national context.
- Accessibility and inclusive education: The platform includes videos with sign language translation and addresses accessibility and inclusive education issues, through the development of these innovative training tools.
- Program platform http://prohear-platform.eu/
- Program site http://prohear.eu
proHear E-learning Platform. Retrieved May 25, 2022, from http://prohear.eu/Article/Details/4